Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Mail Notification when a Issue is createt

Kai_Rehm December 5, 2019

Hi all,

is it possible to get an E-Mail notification from the Jira Service Desk (maybe to our Support E-Mail Adress or the myself) when our Customer created a new Ticket?

I ask this because we do not have the Explorer with the Jira application open all the time. We are a small business and the Jira is only incidental. So we can not always keep an eye on it.

Therefore, it would be totally awesome if we would get an info that a new ticket was created. Either by e-mail or how you could possibly solve this. I'm looking forward to solutions.

Thank you very much for the help

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Per Löfgren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2019

In my company the user complained about too much email. What we did then instead is integrate it with Slack. So, when a ticket is created that match a specific JQL a message with a ticket link is created on a Slack channel. 

If you prefer the old way then simply modify the notification schema associated with your project.

Cheers

Per

I can not finde that in my Settings. Where is that setting?

I have got a Service Desk Projekt of the new generation. Iam not finding the point where I can say that the System should send me a E-Mail that a Customer has just opened a new Ticket

Per Löfgren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2019

Looks like it is not yet enabled on the new generation service desk projects :/  https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-desk-cloud/docs/what-are-jira-service-desk-next-gen-projects/ 

Thx a lot. So do you know when that feature will be released?

Per Löfgren
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 5, 2019

Sorry, just a normal user like you. "coming soon" can be 2-12 months depending in what order they decide to develop and release the features. 

Kai_Rehm December 6, 2019

I have solved my problem with an Addon. It was so easy. Thx for all the Help

Kate Caldecott
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 8, 2019

Hi Kai

What did you end up using to solve this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events