Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplication of comments when receiveing emails on the custom email used by JSM

Akeel Taj May 11, 2023

If a customer responds to a ticket by replying directly to the email instead of responding via the portal
or
if they send a new email to the custom email configured with JSM, 2 instances of the response are received by jira service desk(same comment is posted twice for an existing ticket or same ticket opened twice for a new email).
This does not happen for the default JIRA email of the project, only for the custom email address.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2023

Hi @Akeel Taj 

I Saw this happening when there is a redirect from the custom email to the jira provided address.

Some project starts using this redirect then change to a direct connection to the custom address. 

I suggest you to investigate the custom email configuration regarding this redirect. 

Let me know if you find anything 

Akeel Taj May 12, 2023

Is project admin access enough to check this or would I require intervention of the JIRA admin for this?

Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2023

The verification would be in the email box / provider , not in jira. 

Like Akeel Taj likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events