Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate users (Jira and customer portal)

Chris Thomas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2021

I've tried searching but haven't been able to find a fix for this.

It appears that some users have two accounts. One is in the Customer Portal in JSM and another in Jira with a valid license.

Both are using the same email address.

Any tricks on how we can purge the duplicated users out of the customer portal?

1 answer

0 votes
Miriam Hopton January 3, 2022

This recently happened to me. We had a user setup as a customer in the customer portal and the same user got licensed in our JIRA platform afterwards. Its as if JIRA didnt recognize the same email and the user ended up with 2 seperate accounts (and couldnt see their historical tickets).

My workaround to fix: I had to find all of the tickets that were created from the original user and "move" them to the to new licensed users account.

I read another article that the Customer account should have been updated to an Atlassian account instead of creating it from scratch. Someone else in our organization created the account and I did not have the opportunity to "merge" the account.  This link: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ID-6672

Hope this helps you. I foresee this happening again within my organization as we add license users. I hope Atlassian can fix this in their roadmap.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events