Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Field Appearing

Deleted user July 19, 2022

When users raise a request in my project, the 'Service Request Type' field comes up twice, and comes up with the following error,

Problem with configuration
[Extension for Jira Service Desk] The problem with configuration of this request has been detected. You may see more fields than should appear. Please contact your Jira Service Desk administrator.

I've had a look across my JIRA instance and can't see why this is occurring, I've had a look through my fields, screens, and request types and can't see any reason why it would be causing duplicates.

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2022

@[deleted] 

Welcome to the community.  It seem this error is raised from your third party add-on (Extension for Jira Service Desk), I would check into the add-on's configuration in your system.  I have not used this add-on before, so I cannot advise further.

You may also want to contact the add-on vendor for direct support.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Thanks for the warm welcome Joseph, I managed to resolve this within the extension. The issue lied with the field being mentioned twice, once by the JIRA request type, and secondly within the extension. Thank you for your help!

Mercedes Paz October 11, 2022

can you list the steps you followed to solve this issue? I am having the same issue and I cannot find the fix
thank you very much for your help!

Swaroop Kumar October 20, 2022

I have the same issue and couldn't resolve it. Please help with the steps

0 votes
Teresa Homeyer March 31, 2023

I ran into this error after adding a new value to an existing dynamic drop down field, hope this info helps others!

Cause: Added a new value to 'Type of Access' custom form field

Solution:

Under your project, go to the 'Dynamic forms for customer portal' page

Find the field(s) that have a condition based on the field you modified

Example: the 'Due Date' Field was conditional on the 'Type of Access' field

Toggle the conditions variable back and forth to resolve the error message

fix.png

0 votes

I've attached a screenshot Untitled.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE