cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Due Date Notifications

Andile Luvuno May 17, 2021

Hi All.

I would like your assistance please.

On JIRA, there's a Due Date field, I would like to know if there's a way I can send  notifications to certain people before and after the due date?.

For example, if an issue's due date is "Tomorrow", certain people need to be notified and also if the issue's due date has passed, certain people need to be notified.

Your Assistance would be highly appreciated.

3 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Yana Stoliarova May 17, 2021

due < endOfDay("+1d") AND statusCategory != Done AND assignee = currentUser()

This filter will return due by tomorrow open Jira issues assigned to a user who opens the filter.

Create a Jira user group for those "certain people" and subscribe them on your filter to be emailed periodically. Make sure you do not send emails if the filter returns no issue.

3 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2021

Hi @Andile Luvuno,

A good way to deal with this, is through a filter subscription.

The following filters may give you a list of issues with due date tomorrow or overdue:

Project = X AND due >= StartOfDay(1) AND due <= EndOfDay(1)  
Project = X AND due < StartOfDay AND Resolution = Unresolved

With a group filter subscription you can target a predefined set of users to be notified. Or if you add the following:

... AND Assignee = CurrentUser()

you can even target the filter to return just the issues where the recipient of the filter is that specific person.

Hope this helps!

0 votes
Nikki DuBois December 14, 2022

Can the automation handle this instead of the filter query?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events