Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the knowledge base need to be of the Knowledge Base space type?

Tanja Lorber
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 20, 2021

Step 5 in this article says that I can link my service desk to an existing Confluence space: https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicemanagementserver/set-up-a-knowledge-base-with-confluence-server-1018775515.html

Does this space need to be a Knowledge Base space or can it have another space type, for example, a Documentation space?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2021

Hi @Tanja Lorber, welcome to the Atlassian Community!

No, it does not. Space types are templates with an initial structure. You can choose to link to a Confluence space, assuming you've got the proper permissions. It's important to mention you need to set up your kb settings and permissions so that your agents and customers can create and search on the space, for example.

Tanja Lorber
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 22, 2021

Thanks for the details. I connected a Documentation space and it's working fine.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events