Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does self-hosted Jira Service Management integrate with BitBucket and Confluence?

Deleted user January 23, 2022

Hi all,
I guess I'm really looking for two answers with this, what licensing do we need and can we integrate JIra, confluence and bit bucket with Jira Service Management....

We have a Jira Service Management license (soon to expire) but our Jira, Confluence and BitBucket licenses have expired.
We basically need the functionality of Jira, Confluence and BitBucket, but I'm unsure if they can be integrated with self-hosted Jira Service Management. The cloud service is no use to us as we have a air-gapped environment.The license was sold to the company before I took on this role, but I know Management like some of the features it has, e.g Change Management Control and would like to keep that functionality, so if we can integrate easily, that would be the way we would like to go, but do I need a license for each product, or will the Jira Service Management license cover everything?

1 answer

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2022

Short answer:  Yes

All the Atlassian tools talk to each other almost automatically, all you have to do is say "hey, application X, application Y is over there"

There are some version dependencies - the applications do need to be of versions within similar ranges - there's no point trying to hook up a Jira 3 to a Confluence 7, they are too far apart, but a Cloud Bitbucket, Jira 8 and Confluence 7 will all be totally happy together.

The licences don't directly matter - if the service is running, you can connect to it.  The only worrying bit in your question is the "air-gap" - your systems do need to be able to talk to each other over your network (and that's what an air-gap blocks)

However, your JSM licence only covers JSM, if you're using Confluence and Bitbucket, you will need a valid licence for them as well.

Deleted user January 23, 2022

Hi Nic,

Thank you for that, that helps!!
When I say air-gapped, I mean nothing can get out to the internet or can be received from the internet. Internal communication is fine.
Thanks again

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2022

Yep, I just had to check that they weren't air-gapped away from each other!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events