Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Service Desk have a Change Management calendar without the use of Confluence Teams?

DIANA January 6, 2021

We migrated from servicenow, which came with a built in Change Mgmt calendar, and trying to implement the same in Jira Service Desk.   We have Confluence, but will not purchase Team Calendar if needed.   I can not seem to find a built-in Change Calendar in Jira Service Desk to reflect all scheduled change requests (past and upcoming) to review potential collisions as part of our CAB process.   Any help is appreciated - thank you!

5 answers

3 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Gabriel Raubenheimer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 10, 2021

Hey all,

I'm happy to say we have now released our native change calendar! You can find more information about it here.

If you have any questions or feedback, or would like to talk about change management in Jira Service Management, I would love to hear from you at graubenheimer@atlassian.com!

Gabriel

Product Manager, Jira Service Management

cc: @Diana Santiago @Justin Lewis @Angela Salunga @rob.dewhurst 

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2021

Diana,

Welcome to the community.  There is not a built in calendar like there is in service now.  So there is no way to review if the change has any conflicts like the conflict calendar in service now.  Team Calendar would provide something similar but it is still even a little different than what service now has.  You can look at items like advanced roadmaps by Atlassian to help pan and schedule.  Big Picture also works well.  You might also just need something that is simple and there are a lot of different calendaring apps.  Take a look at them here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?hosting=cloud&product=jira&query=calendar

DIANA January 6, 2021

Thank you Brant!  Appreciate the quick response and providing other options to explore.  

rob.dewhurst April 23, 2021

Brant, is there a change management module? I used Jira 5 years ago and the change management was great. I can't find it now!!

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2021

@rob.dewhurst If you have your change management process documented you can just create a workflow or workflows to support your process.  We currently have multiple units managing change in Jira and some use a single workflow for all requests, some are more advance and use multiple flows and have different issue types for each flow.  

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 23, 2021

@rob.dewhurst I forgot to mention that in cloud they do have change management baked in for DevOps.  https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/service-management/whats-new/modern-change-management

rob.dewhurst April 23, 2021

Brant, looks what I am after. How do I access it please?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2021

@rob.dewhurst What CI/CD tool are you using?  Also I believe it requires Jira Cloud Premium in order to use deployment gating.   

rob.dewhurst April 27, 2021

Brant, its not just for dev ops we want it for. We need it for infrastructure changes as well as code or application changes.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2021

@rob.dewhurst You would need to test it with the infrastructure portion to see how it would work for you and your process.  There are some aspects of this that are tied to the CI/CD integration.  I would suspect that you could tailor it enough to get it to work.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2021

@Diana Santiago - try using Jira Software's built-in Issues Calendar gadget!

• Create a dashboard (or edit an existing dashboard)
  • Add an Issues Calendar gadget
  • Edit the gadget, and pull in unresolved tickets for the project you're curious about
  • Pick a date field - like "Due date" - to highlight on the calendar
  • Profit
DIANA January 7, 2021

@Dave Liao  - thank you for the suggestion!  This will at least let me export ical file to Outlook to have a full view of the Changes.  Now to see about automating this export...

Thanks

Like Dave Liao likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 7, 2021

@Diana Santiago - ha, had no idea that gadget had an export to iCal feature on it. 😅

Like DIANA likes this
0 votes
Justin Lewis February 26, 2021

Great to see that the Atlassian Team is already working on a change calendar. We are in the middle of potentially switching to JSM, and it would be a great benefit to get this out of the box with your already impressive suite. Thanks.

0 votes
vwong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 20, 2021

Hi @Diana Santiago , just came across this. I am on the product team of Jira Service Management and would like to say a change calendar is something we are working on and should be coming in this half of the year! 

I would also love to chat with you on your change process today and how you are using Jira Service Management with your organisation's process. If you are interested feel free to reach out to me on vwong@atlassian.com. 

This goes for everyone else in the thread who will love to chat about using / thinking of using JSM for change management in their organisation. :) 

Angela Salunga February 22, 2021

Hi, found this thread as we are also using JSM for change management but lacks the change calendar feature. @vwong I would like to reach out to you for more discussions on JSM on how it can help our organization. 

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events