Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Legacy Automation rules related to linked issues are counted in total rule execution limit

Manhar Sharma February 16, 2021

We are using Jira Service Management Cloud Standard Plan. The standard quota of rule execution is 1500 which was been used. Please advise if the legacy automation rules created for linked issues will still run or not?

Are Legacy Automation rules for linked issues counted under single-project rules or in global administration rules?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2021

Legacy rules should not be impacted by any limits unless they are triggered by an event that resulted from an Automation rule that was impacted by the limits. Consider using less global automation rules in favor of unlimited individual project rules.

Manhar Sharma February 16, 2021

Thanks Jack for your response. Please also let me know if the rules for Linked issues will be counted under single - project rules or not. I have created a legacy rule for linked issues which is checking for status of the linked issue in another project.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2021

If you are using legacy automation these rules should not count toward the limit. As I understand it legacy will disappear eventually so I would not rely on this long term. I believe that Atlassian will actually convert legacy rules to the new automation.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events