Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you need product access for raise a request and queues section to appear in service management?

Özge Özgenç August 24, 2022

I have a project that I use HR Service Management template. When I add people as Service Desk customers in project settings, they cannot see raise a request and queues section. Is it a must to have Jira Service Management product access to see these sections? I do not prefer to give product access to many people. I want to provide access to customers without giving service management license. However, I need to give permission to raise requests and see queues. Any suggestions about that?

2 comments

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2022

@Özge Özgenç ,

Queues are indeed a product feature that will only be available when you have a licensed user/product access.

However, if they are customers they can raise that request directly on the portal.

That should be accessible thru the url

httsp://yourinstance.atlassian.net/servicedesk

Thru that portal they are customers (don't use a license) but have limited access to what they have raised or what is shared with them. Otherwise if they need access to the JSM features they do require a license (features such as Queues/SLA/..)

Like # people like this
Özge Özgenç August 25, 2022

Thank you very much for your answer.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2022

@Özge Özgenç -

Welcome to the community.  @Dirk Ronsmans is 100% correct that customers can raise an request via the Portal UI only and don't have access to the project UI.

Customers are free without charge.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Like Özge Özgenç likes this
Özge Özgenç August 25, 2022

Thank you.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events