Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you need an agent license to just view all tickets in JSM?

Zekai Huang March 30, 2023

Hi, 

It's a little bit confusion to me that. It seems we can grant anyone access to our JSM project in the permission section. However, it also seems that unless they have a JSM license, they can't see the ticket list or edit a ticket. Does it require a agent license to do such?

Thank you,

Zekai

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2023

Hi @Zekai Huang 

In Jira Service Desk, agents need a license to be able to change the status of a ticket or send an answer to clients. Users who only make requests and/or view tickets do not need a license unless they participate in the actual work on the ticket. Only agents count towards the license count.

Therefore, you only need to worry about the license for your agents who can transition/edit the tickets. If you want to grant access to anyone to view/list tickets, you can do that from the "People" section of the project settings.

I hope this makes sense.

But my user with the service desk team role for the project but without an agent license reported that he's not able to:

1. view the full list of tickets. 
  2. edit any ticket detail other than commenting
  3. view the oncall schedule

Are these expected?

0 votes
Juan Carlos Vera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2023

Hi @Zekai Huang 

In the JSM Project, you can go to "project settings" in the left bar menu,, and then Go to "People"

Be sure if the users you are here.. and have the correct role :)

Hope it help you!

I am aware of these, but granting them roles without a license doesn't seem to do anything.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events