cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do transition from customer portal by customer but without comment

Ireneusz Jaszczak July 22, 2021

Hi,

So whole story.

I builded a automation rule, that will transtition issue from Canceled status to Waiting for Support status if the customer put comment, like: "No, no, please don't cancel my request"

Screenshot_102.png

THE BIG problem is, that I would like to allow this transition Cancel Issue be visible for the customer:
Screenshot_103.png

It's working fine until the customer will not add comment directly in the transition, the customer window look from portal:
Screenshot_100.pngScreenshot_101.png

So if there will be no comment, all is working like a charm, BUT if the customer will add comment here, the autorule above will happen, and status will be changed from Canceled to Waiting for Support...

I wanted to change order of execution in transition post function, so first add comment, after that change status, but it's grayed and cannot be changed.

Screenshot_104.png

Do you have any idea how to switch off possibility to give comment in this transition? Maybe do you have any different idea how to do it?

The main rules what have to be keeped:
1. Any reply (except in this Cancel transition done by the customer portal) should trigger autorule to change status

2. Cancel the issue transition has to be visible to the customer

Thx for all help in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

It's working:
Screenshot_105.png

Still it's not perfect solution, the best would be to not allow the customer to comment in portal transition. Do you maybe know how to do it?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events