Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disallow JSM-Admins editing of Insight-Objects

David Hämmerle January 17, 2022

In Insight under "Configure Object Schema" --> "Roles" it is possible to set permissions, quote:

> The following roles have permission to manage and view this object schema. Users can only view the object schema, Developers are able to create/edit objects and Managers can also modify.

I set myself as Manager/Developer, therefore only I should have the permission to edit objects. Yet Jira Service Management Admins can still do so.

3 answers

1 vote
Leonie C. Breitmoser January 31, 2022

Hi guys,

this is sadly a "designed" permission issue that is annoying. Check out the permission matrix over here -> roles and permissions 

We stumbled about it as well and couldn't find a proper solution. If you ever find a workaround, please let me know. 

We also have trouble setting permissions on the attachments - when I got it right, it is not possible to restrict who can view/edit it. 

Cheers,

Leonie

1 vote
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2022

Hi @David Hämmerle ,

Permissions can be set individually per object type. Have you checked this?

David Hämmerle January 17, 2022

Good tip, just looked it up and the Role configuration of all the objects is empty. So no users/groups are allowed there.

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2022

Can you attach a screenshot of the current roles for the object schema?

0 votes
Björn Gullander
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2022

Check who is in the Insight Adminstrators role in Insight->Configure->Roles

An Insight Administrator has the Object schema Manager role in ALL object schemas. 

And it is possible for a Jira admin to add himself to the Insight Administrators role, so you cannot be sure they will never be able to update a schema. 

Björn

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events