cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable email requests but keep email comments

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2021

I'm sure this is something I should know the answer to, but I can't find it for the life of me... so to the Community I go!

If I turn off email requests for a service desk, so that new requests cannot be created by email does this turn off the ability to reply to tickets by email? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2021

Hello Liam,

Thank you for your question.

The answer is yes.

When disabling email requests, customers will keep receiving notifications normally, but if they reply to the notification, it will be bounced because there is no way to process the reply to add to the ticket.

Here is an example of what they will receive if they reply:

Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 13.43.17.png

In this case, the best option would be to edit the notification templates and add the information for them to not reply and that they need to go to the portal for that.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2021

Thanks @Angélica Luz 

I did some extra testing and thought that might be the case - very glad you've confirmed.

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events