Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Jira Slack App Notifications for JSM?

Marvin Franke
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 7, 2024

Hi there,

I am looking for a way to reduce the noise of notifications from the Jira Slack app.

Our Setup

• We use Jira for project management and Jira Service Management for a Help Desk
  • For ease of use, we have added Atlassian Assist as well as the Jira Slack App to our Slack Workspace
  • We have an automation in our Help Desk Projects that set the status to "Action required" when a user answers and to "Waiting for customer" when an agent replies
  • I am Jira admin, so I can change things freely but it does not seem to work as needed

Here is the issue

• When interacting with the Help Desk, Slack notifications go overboard
  • When I answer a ticket as an agent, I get the notification from the Jira Slack App "Automation transitioned a ticket you are assigned to from X to Y" which is unneccesary
  • When I am the reporter (and an agent replies) or the reporter answers, it gets wild:
    • I get a notification from Slack assist in the Slack thread that there was an answer (good)
    • I get a notification from the Jira Slack app for the new comment (bit much, but okay)
    • I also get a notification fro the Jira Slack app "Automation transitioned a ticket you reported from X to Y" (useless)
  • I sadly cannot disable the Jira Slack app completely, as in real Jira projects I need to get notified when someone comments, etc.

What would be an ideal solution

• Best case would be to exclude certain projects/ Jira Service Management from the Jira Slack app as this would get rid of all unwanted double notifications
  • An alternative would be to make sure that the Jira Slack app would respond to notification scheme settings

What I tried so far

• I changed the post function of the transitioning to a Silent Transition => still get notified via the Slack app
  • I changed the actor of the automation to "Person who triggered" => only gets rid of the notification triggered by my comments, not those of the reporters
  • I disabled the customer notifications for transitioning of issues => no changes
  • I created an empty notification scheme and assigned it => no changes

-----

Sooo. Does anyone has a clue on how to solve this?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events