Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different user access rules for different portals

Rasmus Iversen November 1, 2021

My objective is to establish multiple service desk projects, each with their own portal, but with different customer accessibility. Most of the projects are going to be invite-only but one project should be open (allowing customers to self-register and gain access). Is this possible with a Standard license, or do I need an Enterprise subscription to have multiple sites with differing rules?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2021

Hello @Rasmus Iversen 

This setup is possible with a standard subscription.

Please refer the complete list of features with pricing for each subscription here.

KIndly accepts the answer of this helps you.

Thank you for the reply @Gaurav !

I am glad to hear that this is possible, but since it goes against what I can see for myself, I need a bit more help in understanding how to make it work.

As far as I can tell, I can only allow "all" customer (ie. without invitation) to access my service projects on site-level, which means it is either all service projects or none of them - i need a mix on a project level.

I am looking at this page (among others) which seems to go against your initial statement: [company prefix].atlassian.net/jira/settings/products/servicedesk/customer-access

Like Marjorie likes this
Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2021

Hello @Rasmus Iversen 

The customer access can be controlled by the Project Admin. Navigate the following path:

Project Settings --> Customer Permissions

From here the project admin can control who can send requests to this project as well as how customers can share requests.

I believe this is what you are looking for.

Like Marjorie likes this

@Gaurav I have taken a really hard look at the exact wording of settings on the page and I believe I understand things better now.

To achieve what I want, I need to

- Let anyone be able to create an account on our site

- Restrict customer permissions on some projects, so that only customers added to that project can send requests

I hope I (finally) have it right. If so, please confirm so I can accept your answer

- And thank you for the patient help you've offered.

Like Marjorie likes this
Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 1, 2021

@Rasmus Iversen You got it!! Keep exploring!!

Like Marjorie likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events