Difference of Agents and Users in Jira Service Management

anjitha_s February 25, 2022

Hi,

I would like to know what the term 'Agents' and 'Users' in Jira Service Management refer to and what's the main difference between both.

I could understand that even if i add an agent in the project, that particular user added as Service team.

1 answer

2 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2022

Hi @anjitha_s ,

Agents , in JIRA Service Management, are users that can work on tickets (It is the same concept of Users in JIRA Software/JIRA Work Management).

Here you can find all info about JIRA Service Management roles https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/what-are-user-types-and-roles/

Usually, because roles are for instance basis, in JIRA Service Management projects, you find Users and Service Desk Team, please use Service Desk Team!

Hope this helps,

Fabio

anjitha_s February 25, 2022

@Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ Thanks Fabio for your reply.

While i was having a look on the pricing of Jira service management, its based on the user limit per site and is given in terms of 'agents'. So does that means users only ?

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2022

Hi @anjitha_s , 

JSM price is based on Agents that are users that could work on tickets.

Like anjitha_s likes this
elizabeth_jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 8, 2022

I just installed JSM and it's including all users as agents. I have 500 licensed users of Jira, but only plan for 5 licensed agents of JSM. Is there a way to set this up in my current instance where I am only charged for 5 licensed agents? 

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 8, 2022

Hi @elizabeth_jones ,

you need just to create a group and provide access to JSM just to that group of 5 users into the Application access

Ray Cooke April 26, 2023

I have a similar problem in my organisation, however, we have a couple of org and site owners and some site admins in that list of users. The site admins only have those permissions for other reasons (billing essentially) but I don't seem to be able to remove JSM access from them and so they're counting towards the JSM agent count. Can I change that?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events