Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Destination status could not be resolved when reopening ticket to "Waiting for support"

hasancansaral April 5, 2023

I have the following rule:

Untitled.png

But it fails with:

Destination status could not be resolved. If using a smart-value ensure this resolves to a numeric status ID or untranslated name for issues (with current status):
XX-35 (Resolved - 5)
I want to re-open the issue with "Waiting for Support" status. What am I doing wrong?

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2023

Hello @hasancansaral 

This sounds like your workflow does not allow a transition from Resolved, Closed or Canceled, back to Waiting for Support. 

Could you share a screenshot of your workflow diagram?

In addition, it might be that the properties of the Resolved, Closed or Canceled issues, prevent you from editing the issue. Could you check if those statuses have properties set and if so, what properties?

The last option, is that there is a restriction on who can trigger the transition. Please check the Conditions of the transition in your workflow.

hasancansaral April 6, 2023

@Paul Wiggers Thank you for your response. I've updated the workflow and created a path from Resolved to Waiting for support. The rule now partially works, the issue status is transitioned to Waiting for support but it it not listed in Open issues. I thought that it may be because I'm not clearing its Resolution field and tried to clear it with:

Screenshot 2023-04-06 160109.jpg

But this time I get:

Unknown fields set during transition. Field may not be on transition screen. Fields ignored - Resolution (resolution)
Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2023

Hello @hasancansaral 

Good to hear that the transition is now working. 

The easiest way to clear the resolution is to, once again, edit your workflow.

Select the transition > Select Post Functions on the right > add a post function > Clear Field Value > Select Resolution

That way, whenever the transition is used, the resolution will be cleared. You can then remove the action from the automation since the transition will take care of it.

@Paul Wiggers  I've also managed to clear Resolution with Edit Issue action:

Screenshot 2023-04-06 165533.jpg

However, Transition issue to Waiting for support emails me every time. To overcome this, I removed Transition issue action and tried to add "status": "Waiting for support" to Edit issue fields. This time I got:

Unknown fields set during edit, they may be unavailable for the project/type. Check your custom field configuration. Fields ignored - Status (status)
How do I stop Jira Automation from emailing me every time the issue is transitioned?
Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 6, 2023

Hello @hasancansaral 

You can change that in the Notification scheme of the project or through your Personal settings, of course, the personal settings way is preferred so that your colleagues are still able to receive notifications.

Access your personal settings through your profile picture > Personal settings

@Paul Wiggers Thanks. I'm afraid that'd disable all notifications. I receive two in this rule, One from status change, one from the comments. I'd ideally receive only the email notification for the comment, since it has the same content with the Jira automation email.

Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 6, 2023

Yes, JSM can be quite notification heavy.

You can use the notification scheme to reduce some of them, otherwise, I'm afraid it is something you have to deal with.

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 5, 2023

Hello @hasancansaral 

Welcome to the Atlassian community!

Have you change to project to which this rule applies (the Rule Scope) since you set up the step to select the Waiting for Support status? If so, please try reselecting the status in that step. Or try deleting that step and re-adding it.

Do all the issues that might trigger this rule include in their Workflows a valid transition from Resolved, Closed, and Cancelled to Waiting for Support?

Who is the Actor for the Rule? Does the Actor have sufficient permissions to make that status change in that project?

@Trudy Claspill Thank you for your response. I've successfully managed to transition the issue to Waiting for support, however, the issue is not listed in Open issues after being transitioned to Waiting for support. Could you look at my other comment? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events