Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Customers from a Deleted Service Desk Project

Emily Ekenstam March 17, 2022

We recently split our JIRA environment into two instances and delete the projects from the other other team.  When looking up users, the data from the portal customers show up in our dropdowns. How can there external users be deleted if the project they belongs to already have been deleted?

1 answer

1 vote
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2022

Hi @Emily Ekenstam 

It can depend on how you setup your customers...

• Can anyone send a request to your Service Desk? Or...
  • Do they need to create an account?

If it's the latter, you might find that those customers have actual accounts in your user management. To remove them completely, you then might need to disable and/or remove them.

You can check this as an Admin:

• Go to Settings > User Management
  • Search for a customer who should no longer have access (eg. via their email address)
  • If their account still has access on site - disable this
  • If this doesn't work - click the 3-dots icon in the top-right, and remove user

Let us know if this works!

Ste

Emily Ekenstam March 22, 2022

Thanks Stephen- sadly I cannot see any of the customers on user page.  I only see the customer list when I am assigning a task or adding people to a project.  Is there a way to manage the data in the user dropdown fields?

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2022

Hi @Emily Ekenstam 

Have you checked the Portal Customers list in User Management?

Slight change to the above instructions...

• Go to Settings > User Management
  • From the left-hand menu, select Jira Service Management
  • Locate the customer using the search bar
  • On their row, select 3-dots icon > Delete account

I tested this and it worked for me. It did take a few seconds though for the account to delete and for it to then disappear from user lists (eg. when setting Reporter) .

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events