Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete requests and reset reference number

Danilo Antonio Araujo Lopez October 21, 2022

It is possible to delete the requests and restore the reference number.

I have created a new project and to verify that the flows and configurations work correctly I have created test requests, I would like to be able to delete and reset the reference number to be able to start using the project as new.

2 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2022

@Danilo Antonio Araujo Lopez -

Unfortunately, the issue number cannot be reset.  It is a backend index number that auto increment by 1 when issue is created.  So when an issue is deleted, the number will not be re-released again for the project. 

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Danilo Antonio Araujo Lopez October 21, 2022

Thanks for the reply

Vish Reddy _Revyz_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 24, 2022

Also you cannot re-direct the URL of the old ID to another ID - reference https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-34945

Having said the above, we are working with the Atlassian Team to address the ID issue as it is critical from a data backup and restore point of view.

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 21, 2022

Short answer is no, you cannot reset the issue key number, in order to do that you would have to create a new project.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events