Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default input to 'comment' field field with 'respond to customer'

Tom Anderson December 13, 2021

Hi,

I've noticed that, as an agent, when responding to a ticket with the 'respond to customer' flow, the default input is always 'assignee'. This is frustrating - at this point the ticket is almost always assigned to me and I don't want to change it, just respond.

Is there a way to change the field selected as the default for input, so that when I click respond I can just start typing, thereby slightly streamlining the workflow?

Attached screen recording hopefully provides some more context - 
https://www.loom.com/share/23b5a2a8e3074dce99c8bd6c220e404a

3 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2021

Hi @Tom Anderson 

There are several options,

You can take out the field from the screen the transition is occurring as follows

Workflow 1.png

Workflow 2.png

Workflow 3.png

you can make the assignee as the user one who is "Responding to the Customer" as the Assignee using Post functions.

Thanks,
Pramodh

Tom Anderson December 13, 2021

Thank you, this works.
How about the ability to actually relocate that field to below the comment box (or make the comment box selected by default)?

1 vote
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2021

Hi Tom,

It appears there's a screen associated with that transition with the assignee field on it.  If setting the assignee is not a requirement, I would recommend either removing the field from the transition screen or removing the transition screen altogether.

0 votes
David Brown December 13, 2021

I haven't been able to solve your issue, but I believe it to be associated with the 'Request Fulfillment Workflow' setup. 

Project Settings > Workflows > Service Request Fulfillment workflow > switch to 'text'tab > under 'transitions id' column, select 'respond to customer' > Below the workflow diagram, select the 'workflow screen #' 

In the Çonfigure Screen page, you can see the assignee tab but not the comment field. My thinking was if there was an existing depiction of the 'respond to customer'or ínternal comment'field, you could drag assignee to the bottom. 

Failing this, if you don't need to change the assignee, you can simply hit tab and it will allow you to start typing in the respond to customer field. 

Hope you can get an answer. 

David Brown December 13, 2021

Leaders have the answers :) 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders