Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default User for JSM Cloud for Customer role users

Tony Landowski November 22, 2023

We have a custom user field and I would like to know if it is possible to set the default to this field as the current logged-in customer.  If possible, how?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2023

@Tony Landowski -

Need more information - What do you mean by "current logged-in customer"?  Are you stating it is the current customer who is reporting the issue via the portal?

If so, then you can create an automation rule to populate your custom user field for the issue once when the issue is created by copying from the issue reporter.

Here are some key reference links on automation  - 

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-cloud-automation/

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/automation-template-library#/rule-list?systemLabelId=all&page=1&pageSize=20&sortKey=name&sortOrder=ASC

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

0 votes
Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2023

@Tony Landowski

I hope all is well. I might need a little more information here as to why a custom user picker field is needed.

In JSM cloud when the users logs into the Help Center portal they are the logged in user. If they put in a request to any of the projects available for them to access they will be set as the reporter.

Can you please give me some more idea of how this is going to be used or the use case for this field?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events