Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date field in forms always based on mm/dd/yyyy regardless of user timezone

Steven Lees-Smith May 26, 2022

Hi there,

We have noticed that no matter where someone is the forms date format is mm/dd/yyyy.

DateFormat.JPG

This is fine for our US studio but in Australia people are mentioning it.  For me all my other date fields in JSM show dd/mm/yyyy except what comes on on the forms.

Is this a hard locked in format or where would I tell forms specifically to understand the timezone I am in.

Cheers.

3 answers

1 vote
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2022

Hi Steven,

I'm afraid this is a system-wide setting that can be controlled by setting the jira.date.picker.javascript.format.

Here is an overview of notations in case you want to change the setting.

If your users are confused by the date format I recommend the ISO 8601 which is: year-month-day. The chance of mixing up months and days is less likely this way.

• Example: 2022-05-27
  • jira.date.picker.javascript.format: %Y/%m/%e

Or you could use the day-month-year notation where month shows the 3 first letters.

• Example: 27-MAY-20227
  • jira.date.picker.javascript.format: %e/%b/%y
Steven Lees-Smith May 31, 2022

Where abouts in the Admin area do I change that?

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2022

Via system -> general configuration -> advanced settings

Direct url: https://<your-subdomain>.atlassian.net/secure/admin/AdvancedApplicationProperties.jspa

Steven Lees-Smith June 7, 2022

ah it seems we are already setup like that.  "

• jira.date.picker.javascript.format: %e/%b/%y

is already in place.

JSM date fields being added via 'Forms' must have a hard date format that they stick to which is mm/dd/yyyy

Like Peter Quick likes this
Peter Quick April 4, 2023

+1, we're seeing mm/dd/yyyy format for JSM Forms, system settings for java.date.picker are dd/mm/yyyy laid out exactly as described in this thread. All other site settings are correct for time zones, etc. User profile settings are also correct of the land of Oz.

I'm unable to locate a Bug ticket for this. Has anyone reported it?

Cheers,

PeterQ

Aslam K M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2024

There is a PUBLIC bug for this :

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-13495

Workaround 

This issue is not seen when we use the "Date and Time Field" in the FORM

0 votes
Jason Selby January 29, 2024

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-13495 - Bug has been raised please add yourself as a watcher

Aslam K M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2024

Workaround 

This issue is not seen when we use the "Date and Time Field" in the FORM

0 votes
Bobby Evans October 12, 2022

Hello, we are having the same issue in forms. How do we resolve this please?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events