Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date/Time format for SLA's AND in FORMS are in an unwanted American Format.

Rachel Morgan August 14, 2022

We have the language set to UK English, which should show ALL dates in our JIRA instance as dd/mm/yyyy (or equivalent) - essentially NOT AMERICAN.

However, the dates in the FORM module, dates in SLA's are not showing as non American.

This is causing a great deal of confusion and frustration.

I note there are a number of requests open to Atlassian to fix this - non of which appear to be worked on, or successful in releasing an actual fix.

Has ANYONE been able to stop this system from showing American dates?

2 answers

0 votes
Kirsty Davies April 4, 2023

@Rachel Morgan @Joseph Chung Yin is there any update on this, I can also confirm that this has been recognised on a client site where the date/time field displays in dd/mm/yyyy in the form builder and for the field in the issue view, but in the live portal form and form detailed on the issue view the date/time field is displayed in English(US) even though both look and feel and Advanced Settings are in English UK

I came across this bug https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-6874 which is related but refering to this only occuring when the default language is non-english

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2022

@Rachel Morgan -

Have to check "Look and feel" UI via Clog wheel Settings >> System >> Look and feel to ensure the formats for Date/time format section are having your correct format?  If not, you can change it to your desired formats. 

Example from our env -

2022-08-14_21-36-36.png

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Rachel Morgan August 14, 2022

Our date/time format is identical to yours.

I've even had staff check their personal settings, to make sure they are set to English UK and local is Australia.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2022

@Rachel Morgan -

Are you stating that even when you confirm the formats that when you viewing an issue those date fields are not being displayed UK format except for the SLAs?

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events