Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date Ranges

Scott Clifford July 26, 2022

Hello,

We have created some dashboards but rather than having to go in and edit each week using the custom date range which only allow you to look backwards.

i.e. today's date is July 26th and I want my dashboard to work from July 25th through to July 29th but you get an error stating that it cant be ahead of July 26th - any thoughts?

If anyone has used the gadgets to do this, happy to work with them,

Thanks

Scott

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2022

Hi @Scott Clifford and welcome to the community!

You'll want to update the filters behind your dashboard to use relative dates.  For example, this would get you everything from the start of week to this Friday:

created >= startOfWeek() and created < startofWeek(6d)

Thank you @Mark Segall I'm very very new to JIRA :-) so picking my way around things. Does this work even if we haven't got to Friday as I have just tried it and counts back from today for the last 7 days (including today)

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2022

Mark's example just considers the current week. If you want to filter dynamically from this moment, you can do something like this instead:

created >= Now(-7d) AND created <= now()

That would give you a rolling window between 7 days ago and the current moment. The basic principle remains the same.

Like Mark Segall likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events