Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Cleanse - Find Multiple Empty Fields Filter

Steve Fell February 16, 2021

Hi

I am doing a data cleanse and needs to find any records that have empty fields that have been updated after a specific date (this year - 2021)

There are 5 fields and I need to filter any records where ALL 5 fields are not populated.

This seems to work but returns records prior to 2021....

updated >= 2021-01-01 AND project = SD AND issuetype = "Service Request" AND component = EMPTY OR "Company[Select List (multiple choices)]" = EMPTY OR "Department[Select List (multiple choices)]" is EMPTY OR "Location[Select List (multiple choices)]" = EMPTY OR Department = EMPTY OR Tags = EMPTY ORDER BY updated ASC, component ASC, cf[10049] DESC, cf[10054] DESC

Cheers

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 16, 2021

Hi Steve and welcome,

JQL filters can be tricky at first you need to take into account also the AND and OR operators precedence. It seems you missed some (  ) within your filters. I think what you were looking for is:

updated >= 2021-01-01 AND project = SD AND issuetype = "Service Request" AND (  component = EMPTY OR "Company[Select List (multiple choices)]" = EMPTY OR "Department[Select List (multiple choices)]" is EMPTY OR "Location[Select List (multiple choices)]" = EMPTY OR Department = EMPTY OR Tags = EMPTY ) ORDER BY updated ASC, component ASC, cf[10049] DESC, cf[10054] DESC

Note the new ( symbol before component field and the ) symbol before Order by closure.

Regards

Steve Fell February 16, 2021

Amazing, thank you for the quick response and works perfect, I need to remember that.

Cheers

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 16, 2021

Have a nice day! I'm sure you'll never forgot to use ( ) properly any more.

Regards

Like Steve Fell likes this
Milner, Fran January 23, 2023

Hi @Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_ im having a similar issue with trying to include multiple empty fields within one search query. Currently I have

project = DCWB AND resolutiondate >= -31d AND issuetype in (Initiative, "QA Defect", "QA Review ", Story) AND status = Done AND originalEstimate is EMPTY OR "Story point estimate" is EMPTY OR timespent is EMPTY OR "Story Points[Number]" is EMPTY

But it brings up all issues company wide as soon as I put in the OR for another empty field and ignores the issue type I specified in the search. Could you help with this?

Marketplace Partner
January 23, 2023
 project = DCWB AND resolutiondate >= -31d AND issuetype in (Initiative, "QA Defect", "QA Review ", Story) AND status = Done AND (originalEstimate is EMPTY OR "Story point estimate" is EMPTY OR timespent is EMPTY OR "Story Points[Number]" is EMPTY)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events