Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard gadget to search for issues opened by a customer

Mohammad Alhomsi January 23, 2023

Hello,

Wondering if there is a way to add a gadget to my dashboard that has a search box, and I can type a customer name in that search box and then all tickets of that customer will be listed below.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Abhay Gupta
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2023

Dear @Mohammad Alhomsi , may be the following gadgets can help you meet the above:

Pie Chart gadget

jira-gadget-pie-chart.png

Issue Statistics gadget

jira-gadget-issue-statistics.png

The above gadgets do not have search option but they will list all the creators from your board, and you can click on any to filter Jira tickets for that creator only.

Hope the above helps!

Thank you @Abhay Gupta  this was really helpful, not exactly what I wanted but it is much better than searching manually every time.

0 votes
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2023

Hi @Mohammad Alhomsi ,

Welcome to the community !!

In native jira, you cannot find any gadgets as per your requirement. 

One workaround I could suggest is to add filter results gadget  and add Reporter field to the list. 

Thank you for @Rilwan Ahmed for the prompt response, when I do that I have to predefine the creator in the filter before adding it to the widget. I was trying to leave creator field undetermined so I can search by customer name right from within the dashboard.

I have another question, every time I wan to search for tickets by a customer I had to go to Filters > Advanced > More > Creator > here I type the customer name.

Is there a way to make the Creator field fixed on the top of filter criterias so I do not have to click on the More  button

Screen Shot 2023-01-24 at 9.12.36 AM.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events