Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMARC fails when an email has been sent to a customer using our own account

Marcos Gabilondo November 4, 2021

Hi All,

Could you help me setting up in a correct way the SPF for Jira Service Management, please??

Having a look at your documentation about SPF, We've configured our domain correctly and the test is correct in this page "https://domain-check.atlassian.com/"

DNS records:

TXT: "v=spf1 include:_spf.atlassian.net include:mail-us.atlassian.net ~all"

s1._domainkey.comalatech.com  CNAME s1._domainkey.atlassian.net.

s2._domainkey.comalatech.com  CNAME s2._domainkey.atlassian.net.

verifydomain.png

But just when we changed the email address under notifications section inside the project settings to set our own account, all the emails sending to whatever external account said that the DMARC verification is failing and the emails usually are sending into the JUNK FOLDER

DMARC_Fails.png

Any help/idea will be appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Marcos Gabilondo.

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2021

Hello @Marcos Gabilondo,

Thank you for reaching out to the Atlassian Community!

Since your domain is correctly verified, but the notifications are rejected by DMARC, I’m afraid to say that the issue you are facing is related to the suggestion below:

The fix for this is already in progress, so please, click on vote and also watch the ticket above to receive updates from our product managers.

The workaround, for now, is to whitelist our domains and IPs or use the default email address <project>@<domain>.atlassian.net.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Marcos Gabilondo November 7, 2021

Thanks for your help @Angélica Luz

I will have a look at the ticket.

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL