Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize service desk portal URL

Esther Strom February 21, 2019

I know there have been a ton of questions about this, but 1) I'm not looking for a custom domain; and 2) many of them are pretty old.

So we're using Cloud, and the default URL of one of our service desk projects looks like this:

https://mysite.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/2

I'm aware that I can't change the domain, since it goes with our Cloud domain. But is there any way to change the /customer/portal/2 to something like /customer/my-customer-name? We build the website and do franchise support for the largest pizza company in the U.S., and having a URL like the default one just looks really unprofessional.

1 answer

1 vote
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 22, 2019

Hi Esther,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!
As you would like to have the portal with a different URL, perhaps you can use a 301 redirect.
It means that you can redirect the portal URL, for example, https://pizza.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1 to a custom link, e.g. www.pizza.com.

Here is a link that will help you better understand it: Change page URLs with 301 redirects and How to Properly Implement a 301 Redirect.
Also, if you search on Google for "301 redirects" there are many links explaining that. As this is something that must be configured on your side, there is no documentation from Atlassian.

Also, please click on watch and vote for the feature request that suggests the ability to customize the Portal URL:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-1627

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Angélica

Esther Strom February 22, 2019

Thanks, @Angélica Luz , but my understanding is that you need access to your server's .htaccess file to use redirects. As indicated in my OP, we're running on Cloud, which means I don't have that access.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2019

Hi Esther,

For 301 redirect, all the configuration must be on your server and it's not necessary to access anything on Jira side.

Regards,
Angélica

Esther Strom February 26, 2019

But on what server? Service Desk is running in the cloud, on a xxx.atlassian.net URL. I have no access to this. What server am I supposed to make this configuration change on?

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
February 27, 2019

Hi Esther,

You mentioned that you built the website for your company, so you own this domain. This domain is hosted on a server, like register.com, name.com, godaddy.com, for example. The setting must be done where you manage the domain you've created.

Regards,
Angélica

Esther Strom February 27, 2019

No,  we don't own the domain. When I say we build the website for this company, I mean they are our client. They own the domain, and the domain is for their online ordering operations, not for their corporate site.

Thank you for your answers, but I don't think what you're suggesting is what we need or are able to do.

Like Mar Torres likes this
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
March 1, 2019

Hi Esther,

I understand. To use the 301 redirects you must have access to the server.
For now, we must wait for the feature request to be implemented, so it will be possible to change the portal URL.

Regards,
Angélica

Admin February 27, 2024

was this developed, is it available now?

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events