Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize Customer Portal

Morgan Watts January 24, 2022

Would anyone know how to hide the ' Frequently Used' section within the customer portal?

I have a few Service desks that I want to publish for employees to be aware of, along with a few test ones.....I can't seem to be able to find how to hide the ones i don't want to publish..

Hopefully, there is a setting?

thanks

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2022

Hi @Morgan Watts 

As @Jack Brickey said there isn't a way, but since you said internal employees, removing the browse project permission will remove the project itself and they will not be able to see it in Portal as well.

Another alternative would be to add the needed portals in the beginning as below

JSM.png

Let me know if you have any queries

Thanks,
Pramodh

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2022

FYI, this would change for everyone, when we ave featured portals

1JSM.png

Morgan Watts January 24, 2022

Thank you...i'll give that a go...that looks a good compromise.

Appreciate you help..

Like Pramodh M likes this
1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2022

Hi Morgan,

Unfortunately there isn’t a way to configure that.

0 votes
Monika_Ciemiecka_Deviniti_Hexygen
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 20, 2022

Hi @Morgan Watts,

I'm Monika, Product Owner in Deviniti. If you're looking for an opportunity to customize the Customer Portal, try our app Theme Extension for Jira Service Management which extends the default customization options for JSM user interfaces.

Theme_Extension.png

Cheers,
Monika

0 votes
David Michl July 21, 2022

Hello, I have found this threat desperatly searching for how to hide from portal every boxes as has been meant above? 

Is lplease any progress in that ?

In our starting project we want that customers wont be able to view any other projects ( customers) , but if we remove the role in project settings " Service Project Customer - Portal Access"  then we are not able to receive any requests from them ( no emails incomming - no permission to maka new requests)

Many thanks for any help !!!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 21, 2022

Hi @David Michl ,

customers can only see the portals (projects) that they have been granted access to. Let me explain by example...

you have 5 customers: Fred, Wilma, Barney, Betty, Dino

you have 3 JSM projects: Acme, Gravel Pit, DriveIn

You set up these Project:Customer configurations:

• Acme: Fred, Wilma, Barney, Betty
  • Gravel Pit: Fred, Barney
  • DriveIn: Fred, Wilma, Barney, Betty, Dino

if Fred accesses the help Center he sees all projects.

if Dino accesses the help center he sees only DriveIn

if Betty accesses the help center she sees Acme and DriveIn

etc.

David Michl July 22, 2022

Hi @Jack Brickey ,
thanks for the quick response!

Unfortunately, I can't find the exact setting you mentioned. And in addition, there will be hundreds of our clients-emails, so this is not realistic, set it in advance for specific users. The idea is that a new client in his project sends us an email request and at the same time an account is created for him. If he then logs in to the portal (help desk), we don't want him to see the other projects there (boxes as mentioned). We are now trying to work with the EmailThisIssue add-on, but with the same problem..

.thanks a lot for your help! David

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events