Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customers do not appear in the role of "service desk customer"

Ben December 20, 2021

Hi,

in my portal I allow customers to create their own account. If a customer has created an account, it appears under "Channels & People"> "Customers".
The account created by the customer can also be found under "User management"> "Products"> "Jira Service Management"> "Portal customers".

So far, so good.

Why can't I find the account under "Project settings"> "People" with the role of "Service Desk Customers" ??? I've created several test accounts and it is always the same. Shouldn't accounts created by the customer appear under "people" with the role "Service Desk Customers"?

Kind regards,

Ben

P.S.: If I add a customer manually via "add customers" under "customers", then this customer appears under "settings"> "people".
The customer I added in this way still appears under "Portal Customers" ...

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 27, 2021

Hello @Ben,

Thank you for reaching out to the Atlassian Community!

On Jira Service Management, when a customer is manually added by an admin or agent, they will show under Project > Channels & People > Customers and also Project settings > People.

If a customer creates their own account through the portal or via email, they will only show under Project > Channels & People > Customers.

With this said, what you are seeing is expected.

Wherever you add a customer, they will show on both menus. If a customer creates their own account, it will show only under “Customers”.

There is no difference between them, they will have the same permission to access the portal, create tickets, add comments, and so on.

There is a feature request suggesting improvements for that:

Please, click on vote and also watch the ticket above to receive updates from our product managers.

Regarding the User management > Jira Service Management, that's the list with all customers, despite the method the account was created and only site administrators have access to that.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Dewa Fakha Shiva September 26, 2023

Hi Angelica,

I found the same issue in here, so I added these customers under the customer menu, but lately I found an issue that the customer is not having the permission to create an issue in the JSM, I checked in the permission helper, but after I added to the people menu, the permission helper changed the result.

How to set in the permission scheme to automatically add the customer under people or automatically giving them the permission to create an issue (ticket) in the JSM, because earlier, there is no issue for the customer to create the ticket, but now I'm having this issue.

Also, for another information, you can see the error message that I saw in the email request logs below here

error_email_request_logs_seyyah1.png

I don't know what is the problem, because earlier the same customer is able to create a ticket and also sending the attachment in their email request, so I don't know what was changed that makes the customer can not create a new ticket using email request that has attachment in it.

Can you help to enlighten me with this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events