cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customers can't browse Assets objects

Nathan Thibaudin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 10, 2024

Hi,

As I want to allow customers to browse objects in my portal I turned on the Assets option "Object Schema Users permissions for Jira Service Management Customers" but it still shows blank fields in customer portal.

When I add a customer in the specific role "Object Schema Users" it works as expected.

Do you have any ideas about this?

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2024

@Nathan Thibaudin -

Welcome to the community.  What kind of error that your customers are getting when they try to access the Assets objects?

Based on my understanding that one only needs to enable "Object Schema Users permissions for JSM customers" option must be enabled against one's specific schema.

Currently there is a bug when if  "Object Schema Users permission for JSM customers" option is not enabled while adding user to the Object Schema Users role for the schema will still prevent the customer to access the Assets objects -https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-10887

At this time, I would recommend to also contact Atlassian Support (https://support.atlassian.com)  to see if they have any further update.

Sorry.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Nathan Thibaudin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 11, 2024

@Joseph Chung Yin 

Thank you for your answer.

When I try to create a request with a customer account I can't see the available options in each Assets field. Below the fields "Compte client", "Produit" and "Module" are Assets fields.

bug_portal.png

Below my Assets schema roles configuration:

assets_configuration.png

I will try to contact the support team.

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events