Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customers as Approvers on Change Request - Jira Service Management (Cloud)

Kevin Young
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 6, 2021

Hello,

I am trying to setup a customer as an approver to a change request. So far, every time I have tried, I have gotten some version of "******** doesn't have access to Jira on **********"

With options to log in to another account and logout.

Is it possible to set a customer as an approver for a change request, and if so, how can I make that happen?

Thanks!
Kevin

2 answers

0 votes
Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2021

Hi Kevin,

Setup Automation to copy the Reporter to the field used to identify the Approver prior to the approval step. This will cause the approval email to be sent to the reporter and they will see an Approve button in the email and portal. Might have to set that transition to be visible in the portal (under the specific request type), but I can't remember. Cheers!

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2021

@Kevin Young 

You can have customers approve requests.  They will need to have access to the project as a customer.  This means that they have to be able to log in to the Portal.  In the portal they will be able to approve or deny a request.  You will need to make sure that you have set up your workflow properly.  https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/set-up-an-approval-stage-for-a-request/

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events