Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customers are no longer CC-ed on issues

ibaldin November 29, 2022

Hello,

Would appreciate some pointers. Seems in the past few days we lost the ability to CC customers on requests in Jira SM via email. This was working perfectly before and I as an admin do not recall making any changes to the settings, yet now CC via email appears to ONLY work if the customer submits the request by email to begin with. Then 'Reply to Customer' sends them an email as expected. If however they are added as a reporter or request participant (using their email), no emails are sent (or at least none received - I don't know how to check outgoing logs for something like that).

I have it set so customers do not require a login to post or be CC-ed on issues. This is a paid cloud instance.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2022

@ibaldin A request type has to be set on an issue in order for customer emails to be sent.  Are emails now working or do you still need help?

ibaldin November 30, 2022

Yes. Curious - is it possible to change this default behavior to have CCs work with other issue types?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2022

There is not a way to change the default functionality.  If the issue type does not have a request type then the customer notifications do not work.

0 votes
ibaldin November 29, 2022

It appears at least part of the trick is to make sure "Request Type" is set - without it CC is not sent. So a follow up question is - is it possible to CC on a 'Task' or a 'Change' or is CC enabled only on Requests, and of those only on the ones where Request Type is set?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events