Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customers & AzureAD SSO

Asim Pervez December 9, 2020

Hi all,

I'm considering using Jira Service Management for my company's IT Service Desk.

As a product overall it's amazing but I'm looking at how I'll roll it out and I don't see any way to let my employees  (customers) use their AzureAD/Office 365 account to sign in to the portal.

I'd really rather not have all the employee's create separate Atlassian accounts if they can use AzureAD SSO instead.

Is this something that's possible?

Thanks

Asim

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2020

Hi Asim,

you might want to see this open suggestion - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-630 

Asim Pervez December 9, 2020

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your quick reply.  That answers my question...I can't just now basically.

I'm gutted as that's a deal breaker at the moment :(

John M_ May 9, 2021

Does this also apply to Jira Service Management or just JSD?

Susann Petzold November 16, 2021

@jack  so it is not possible to give sso access to customer portal? 

that they can login with their micr. account? 

1 vote
Ed Letifov _TechTime - New Zealand_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2021

I don't think the answer is "you can't"

The correct answer is "you can but it's manual and a pain"

If you Service Desk is configured to allow anyone from your Cloud site to raise requests, and your Azure AD User Provisioning integration pushes users with no product access groups, who are then manually added into Portal Only customers in JSM/JSD *and* manually migrated to Atlassian ID accounts by the site admins – they will be able to access your portal while using SSO.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events