Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer replying creates an email request instead of comment on existing Service Request.

Khor Xiang Ping April 13, 2023

During my testing, I found that if I use the "Reply to Customer" function on a service request, the customer will receive an email. The customer can then reply, and this will create a Comment under the Service Request created. 

However, when i switched to a different Jira Service Management site, the clients' replies create email requests, instead of adding Comments under the created Service Request. 

May I know how to resolve this please?

3 answers

0 votes
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2023
0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2023

@Khor Xiang Ping On the service management site having issues is this happening to all users?  Have you tried creating a customer account and testing?  This is usually seen when the customer is not replying to the actual email that they received. 

I would suggest testing yourself and reviewing the setup:

One additional question, do you have any apps installed?

0 votes
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2023

Have the reply emails been altered in the one that isn't adding comments?  I believe if the outbound emails that you are sending don't have issue information in them, then JSM doesn't know that they go with a particular issue.

I would compare the email templates.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events