Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer portal provides 2 kind of links to knowledge base articles

Michael Kobert November 12, 2020

Hello @AlL,

recently we started to use a confluence space as a knowledge base for our customer portal.

While everyone can easily search and read the articles from the main search, no one can access the articles when it comes to entering key words in the summary field.

As an example from the main search article links looks like:

https://URL/servicedesk/customer/kb/view/1998892?applicationId=APPID&portalId=PORTALID&pageNumber=1&resultNumber=1&q=SEARCHTERM&q_time=1605197295125

However if I want to raise a request and start typing in summary the URL looks like:

Article links looks like: https://URL/servicedesk/customer/kb/view/1998892

Clicking onto it results in:

2020-11-12 17_13_01-Window.png

As you can easily spot, a lot of information are missing and I cannot find out why.

I checked the confluence space regarding permissions for anonymous users and it looks fine to me.

What am I missing in the settings?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2021

Hi Michael,

I see that you are trying to integrate Jira Service Management (JSM) with Confluence in order to create a knowledgebase.  The URLs as viewed through JSM are expected to be in a different format than if you were to view those same documents in Confluence directly.

Since it appears that you are using the server versions, I would recommend trying to walk through this setup guide: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/guide-to-link-knowledge-base-to-jira-service-management-for-unlicensed-user-816677228.html

There was also a bug that could cause this error that is detailed in CONFSERVER-58392 but this was limited to a very specific set of Confluence versions.  What version of Jira Service Management and what version of Confluence are you using here?

I would be interested to see if you can recreate this problem and then take a closer look at the $JIRAHOME/log/atlassian-jira.log at the time this happens.  Perhaps this can give us a clue as to why this is not working as expected.

Andy

Michael Kobert February 12, 2021

Thank you Andy for your response, I will check your links and see what I can achieve and come back to you.

We use Confluence 7.4.6 and Jira Project Management Software (v8.7.1#807001)

Michael Kobert March 4, 2021

Hi @Andy Heinzer

I just wanted to let you know that we were able to fix the issue on our side.

The linked guide was not completely suitable for our problem, since most points were already set up like this. The linked bug was not affecting our setup and the atlassian-jira.log was not presenting any kind of error that might have been related to our just performed behaviour.

Next thing we tried, was to re-link the confluence space to our project in Jira administration -> Project settings -> Knowledge base. (Basically the good old: "Have you tried turning it off and on again?" :D) And it worked!!!

Now linked articles are properly shown when you search and click them in the request formular.

Thank you very much for your help!

Micha

Like Andy Heinzer likes this
0 votes
Michael Kobert February 10, 2021

Are there any updates to this issue? It feels like most of our customers miss the helpful articles, because the search is not working as expected in this field.

0 votes
Michael Kobert November 23, 2020

Can I somehow provide more information to solve this issue? Please let me know.

Our customers cannot use the knowledge base as they would like to. It is frustrating for both sides.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events