cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer portal for customer onboarding

Chris Sansom
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 5, 2022

We've recently moved to Jira Service Manager and had reasonable success with external customers using the customer portal to view their tickets.

I'd like to extend this to provide a view for our new customers of progress of their onboarding. With our software we have up to 20 tasks involved with onboarding. Some technical, some configuration and others that the customer has to complete such as grant authorisation etc. I'd like to be able to show all the onboarding tasks in the portal and who is assigned the task and what the status is. 

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could do this?

1 answer

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2022

@Chris Sansom -

Please confirm if my understanding of your ask correctly?

1) Need to expose all specific issues to customers via the Portal UI.

2) I am assuming that all the tasks are either created by customers via the portal UI, or it is automatically created via process?

3) All issues in question are all hosted within the same JSM project?

Once you can clarify your ask, I will then be able to assist further.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Chris Sansom
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 5, 2022

Hi @Joseph Chung Yin ,

1. Yes, we need to expose all the onboarding tasks to the user via the portal.

2. We are likely to create all the tasks either manually or through an automation. Our customers aren't likely to create any via the portal but will be interested to see the status of each task.

3. All these onboarding tasks are within the same project.

Regards, 

Chris

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2022

@Chris Sansom -

Thanks for your updates.  For those additional tasks, you will need to either add the original customer (who created the initial issue) as a request participant or set the reporter to him or herself.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events