You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
We've recently moved to Jira Service Manager and had reasonable success with external customers using the customer portal to view their tickets.
I'd like to extend this to provide a view for our new customers of progress of their onboarding. With our software we have up to 20 tasks involved with onboarding. Some technical, some configuration and others that the customer has to complete such as grant authorisation etc. I'd like to be able to show all the onboarding tasks in the portal and who is assigned the task and what the status is.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could do this?
Please confirm if my understanding of your ask correctly?
1) Need to expose all specific issues to customers via the Portal UI.
2) I am assuming that all the tasks are either created by customers via the portal UI, or it is automatically created via process?
3) All issues in question are all hosted within the same JSM project?
Once you can clarify your ask, I will then be able to assist further.
Best, Joseph Chung Yin
Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team
Hi @Joseph Chung Yin ,
1. Yes, we need to expose all the onboarding tasks to the user via the portal.
2. We are likely to create all the tasks either manually or through an automation. Our customers aren't likely to create any via the portal but will be interested to see the status of each task.
3. All these onboarding tasks are within the same project.