Customer portal MFA solution?

RL April 30, 2020

Hi all,

We are using the JIRA SAML SSO for our managed users in JIRA Service Desk who log in to administer tickets etc but for our customer portal we don't have anything in place.

Ideally we would like to have MFA (of some description) put in place so that our external customers who have been granted access need more than just a username/password to sign in and raise a ticket.

Is this possible? if so please can i be pointed to the right documentation. I have done a bit of research and not found anything that quite relates to what I'm trying to do

thanks

Richard

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ed Letifov _TechTime - New Zealand_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2020

Since this is explicitly marked as "Server"... there are two components you will need:

• you need a 2FA app, like Secure Login (2FA) - Jira
  • you need a SAML SSO app, that is capable of automatically DISABLING this "local" 2FA when the login is performed with SAML, so your internal users coming via IdP (that may already do it's own 2FA) are not challenged (again).

We are partners with Syracom (the vendor for Secure Login app) and our EasySSO products, including EasySSO for Jira are integrated.

HOWEVER - this particular case is not supported yet :( We'll be working with @[deleted]  to make it happen.

The main point here - you will need your SSO vendor to actually support one of the existing 2FA apps, and the 2FA app to support 2FA in the ServiceDesk screens.

RL May 4, 2020

Hi

Thanks for the reply

The SAML SSO app we have installed already which uses our connection to O365. will that app also connect to the 2FA app?

Ed Letifov _TechTime - New Zealand_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2020

I am not sure which you one you have, as there are multiple SAML SSO apps on Marketplace. I can only suggest to reach out to your vendor?

0 votes
Lucas Smith September 24, 2020

There are multiple vendors available on the marketplace which support MFA for Jira. You can refer the below link for more details

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=jira%202fa

But I prefer MFA add-on from the miniOrange vendor because of the below reason.

1. Easy to configure

2. You can enable/disable MFA for individual users as well as for groups. Using which you can enable MFA only admin users.

3. Most important Great support.

miniOrange is only vendor which supports MFA Customer portal. 

miniOrange MFA - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1221260/two-factor-authentication-2fa-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events