Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer phone numbers?

Leon July 6, 2021

I've searched all the templates and issue types, not one offers a field for an external customer to enter in their phone number. Have I gone blind or is there no phone number field at all?

All the template that are supposed to be used for external customers and public portal eg Facilities Management, Customer Service, External Service Project fail to capture the most basic information such as a name and phone number.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2021

@Leon I have not reviewed all the templates but would not be surprised if that is the case as to how the service desk is designed to work.  The great thing about the service desk is that you can customize it to meet your team's needs.  If the phone number is required you can quickly add the field on your form.  

Add custom field to a team managed project - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/customize-request-fields-in-next-gen-service-projects/

Add a custom field to a company manager project - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/add-a-new-custom-field-to-a-project/

Leon July 29, 2021

Thanks but it took me hours to figure this out and ideal placement.

Michael Green May 22, 2022

I still find it ridiculous that Jira Service Desk  / Service Desk Management does NOT allow you to enter a customer phone number 'out of the box' !  

Can you explain what the thinking was here @Brant Schroeder 

Like # people like this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2022

@Michael Green you would have to ask Atlassian.  I am just part of the community and a user of the product.

Jim Frederick June 14, 2022

I have added a custom field for number, but still can't get it to format with hyphens for phone numbers. It will only take contiguous characters and then Jira auto-inserts commas. Not having a Phone Number field as a base field in a ticketing system is beyond unreal.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events