Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer is unable to see their own requests in customer portal

Gethro Guerrier December 21, 2022

Customer cannot view its own tickets in the customer portal. User added to the correct organization and have a few opened and closed tickets but he cannot view them. When they are clicking on  Request-->My Request option and not showing any tickets. Screenshot_1.png

Here's a ticket he opened.Opened ticket.png

Can i get any suggestion on how to restore these tickets.

1 answer

0 votes
Vamsi Kandala
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2022

Hi @Gethro Guerrier

Does the user have 'Browse Projects' permissions to the project?  Was the user able to view their tickets before?  Any updates made to the permissions or permissions scheme recently?

Thanks,
Vamsi

Gethro Guerrier December 22, 2022

Hey @Vamsi Kandala  Yes, the user has Browse Projects permissions. And yes, he was able to view his tickets before. No updates have been made to  the permissions or permissions scheme recently that i know of. I double checked his permission. See belowBrowse projects.png

Vamsi Kandala
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2022

Hi @Gethro Guerrier

That leaves out the Issue Security Scheme. 

Do you have anything in place and if so, are there any permissions which is limiting the view of ticket to a group of users?

Thanks,
Vamsi

Gethro Guerrier December 23, 2022

@Vamsi Kandala There are no permissions which is limiting the view of ticket to a group of users. I compared this individual access with other users that can view their tickets and they all have the same permissions. I really cannot tell what might be blocking him from seeing his permissions.

Before that user has two profiles in Jira with the same email address then i removed one of his profile and ever since he cannot view tickets under the remaining profile.

Vamsi Kandala
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 23, 2022

Hi @Gethro Guerrier ,

It could be that the other profile had permissions and this one does not.

Can you try providing the permissions again to the user and see if that works?

Thanks,
Vamsi

Gethro Guerrier January 2, 2023

Hey @Vamsi Kandala It's weird that even if i gave him the exact same permission as his old profile, he still cannot see the open tickets. see the attached below0 open request.png

prajakta.desai February 23, 2023

Hi @Gethro Guerrier ,

We are also facing same problem.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events