Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer can't see their own tickets in the portal

Anthony Vizza December 27, 2022

When a customer logs a ticket in the portal, it is successfully accepted, but then when they choose "created by me", the ticket doesn't display.

Some background info:

• they are customers assigned to a specific organization
  • they can see other tickets in their organization

Ceated By Me Step 1.pngCreated By Me Step 2.png

2 answers

0 votes
eco-helpdesk September 12, 2023

Hi Alex Koxaras _Relational,

Can you please help me my client is not being able to see the tickets raised by their colleagues on the JIRA platform. We have tried finding many solutions but none of them worked and it is a serious concern for us as well.

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2022

Hi @Anthony Vizza 

Did you use the filters to show all requests and not only open ones? In the second picture you pasted here, there is an active filter to show only requests that are open. Remove the first filter and you will see the one issue you have.

Let me know if that works.

Thanks for the quick response Alex.  I did try several combinations of selection criteria, but still don't see the ticket I entered.

Created By Me Ticket.pngTicket Category Selections.png

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2022

@Anthony Vizza can you also post a screenshot of the ticket itself? 

here you go Alex

Service Desk Ticket.png

Community Leader
Community Leader
December 27, 2022

THank you @Anthony Vizza 

SO your ticket has a request type and an organization. It ought to be visible when selecting "created  by anyone" and status "waiting for support". In addition if you click on "view in customer portal" from the issue view, the request should open. Can you please do the above and confirm (or not) visibility of your ticket? You can also search in using the search textbox from the customer portal for that specific issue.

In addition if you click on "view in customer portal" from the issue view, the request should open

View in Customer Portal 1.pngView in Customer Portal 2.png

You can also search in using the search textbox from the customer portal for that specific issue.

View In Customer Portal 3.png

Anthony Vizza December 29, 2022

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ , just checking in for additional feedback, if any, for this issue. If this is a bug and can't be fixed right away, I'm just looking for some possible workarounds so my Service Desk customers can view their tickets as needed.

Community Leader
Community Leader
December 29, 2022

@Anthony Vizza are you on the same organization as the user who created that request? If not, then add yourself to that organization and then see if you can see the ticket. If not, then open a support ticket to Atlassian (since you are on a paid plan) to resolve your issue https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

Anthony Vizza December 29, 2022

Thanks for the response Alex.  I am in the same organization.  I'll open a help desk ticket

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events