Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer and Vendor access to same issue?

Allison Stewart April 25, 2023

Hi,

I have a new installation of Service Management that is supporting multiple clients/organizations.  In some of those organizations, they have vendors doing testing or configuration, etc..

I need to allow the organization and the vendor access to the same ticket.  But the vendor is a separate organization in Jira.

Can I allow 2 "customers" (organizations) to work on the same issue via the portal?

I was thinking that I could setup a custom "vendor" field and populate that with the vendor organization.  Then create an issue security profile that allows the reporter's organization and the "vendor" to see/edit the issue.

Or, just make the vendor a request participant and then they'd be treated just like the Reporter?

Can anyone provide some guidance on how best to accomplish this?
Thanks!!

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2023

@Allison Stewart You would need to add them as a request participant as you stated.  If they are not part of the organization that the customer is this an the provided alternative to give others access to the portal issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events