Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer - View Profile is not working

Erdem Aydogan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 26, 2020

1- On service desk, under Customers, when i drag my mouse on a customer, it shows basic profile details and A button says "View Profile" (a). Once i click View Profile button, an error page with "Looks like we’re off the beaten track" comes up (b). How can i reach profile page of the customer?

2- Is there any way to add more details to customer profile on portal?

XXXX.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/user/profile

(a)

1.png

(b)2.png

2 answers

2 votes
Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2020

You can only see the profiles of your Jira users, but not of your customer (unless it is also a Jira user).  See also this reported bug: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-7888?error=login_required&error_description=Login+required&state=f4058a88-b608-49b3-8c72-844dbdd41f5a

Casey Morrison August 30, 2020

I would think Agents would at least be able to see basic information about this user, like what Organization(s) they belong to. It doesn't make much sense that no information about the user would be visible to Agents.

James Messier
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 18, 2020

I would think this has a Permission field somewhere to allow viewing the profile is that not the case?

Troy Anderson August 17, 2023

Three years later and still an issue.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Ryan Gill February 16, 2024

In your JSM project,

Go to Project Settings > Features

Enable Customer service management
This will fix the issue

Andre Veringa
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 23, 2024

Hi Ryan,

I've enabled customer service management but I'm still getting an error.

Cheers,

Andre

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events