Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Support Portal

Pauline van Monsjou May 12, 2023

Hi!

We currently are working with a Jira Service Project and a Knowledge base for our customers. We have a few questions about both and hope someone can elaborate or help us out :) 

1. Within the Service Project there is a Knowledge Base where you can create articles.
This one seemed to also be linked to a Confluence Knowledge Base where you can create both articles and categories/pages.
Is it necessary to have both of these or can we just use the projects knowledge base only?

2. Within the Service project we want our customers to use the Portal to find articles and be able to raise requests. In this portal you can do some minor customization and one of them is using Topics showed in blocks on the front page. We prefer this way versus a long list of categories, but it seems we can not use one or the other. See screenshot below:
Screenshot 2023-05-12 at 10.51.18.png
Is there a way to only show the topics in blocks and have the below part directly underneath the topic blocks?
Screenshot 2023-05-12 at 11.01.19.png

3. We were also wondering why the topic blocks show as seperate blocks while editing but on the portal it shows as one block with 3 topics? Is there a way to seperate these like seen below?
Screenshot 2023-05-12 at 11.03.23.png

4. It appears we can only have a super small logo in our Portal. I saw some examples of other portals, where the logo was bigger. The image we use has dimension of 3245 × 1551.
Screenshot 2023-05-12 at 11.09.18.png

Hope someone can help us out. Thanks in advance!

Pauline van Monsjou

1 answer

1 vote
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2023

Hi @Pauline van Monsjou  welcome! I can help answer some of your questions. 

Question 1:

The JSM Knowledge Base uses the data from your confluence page.  You're editing and creating the articles in Confluence and identifying that Confluence Space as the Portal's KB. Then in the Portal, the users are able to search for the articles that you've created in Confluence.

Question 4:

When you're logged in as an administrator.  If you navigate to the Portal page, there should be a 'Customize' button on the right.  Pick that and then select 'Customize look and feel'.  There are two logos you can pick.  One for the upper left corner, and then a bigger one for the banner.  I believe that's the one you're looking for.  You also get there under Project Settings / Portal Settings.  Then in the 'Customize your help center' section there is a 'See help center customization options.' which takes you to the same place.

That's all I got for now.  

Pauline van Monsjou May 22, 2023

Hi Dan,

Thanks voor the input!

Regards, Pauline

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin