Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Customer Portal

When we onboard new users I would like to provide them access to the ITSM-portal via Azure AD.

It is not clear to me if there are license costs. I was told this would cost $4 per user.

We have two set of users, Jira Software/ITSM users and business users. The latter is the group I am looking for a solution.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

@d_roque -

Welcome to the community.  In Atlassian Cloud, if you want to use your own idp (Azure AD) to manage your users accounts, then you will have to acquire another Atlassian Service named "Atlassian Access".

Here ar the documentations on Atlassian Access - 

https://www.atlassian.com/software/access

https://support.atlassian.com/security-and-access-policies/docs/understand-atlassian-access/

Note - This has additional license cost per users in addition to your JSM agent licenses.

Here is the pricing information - https://www.atlassian.com/software/access/pricing

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Thanks a lot!

0 votes
Answer accepted

In Jira Service Management (Cloud and Data Center) you pay for the agents who work on the tickets. Customers are free and unlimited. Your AD users who access the portal only should be considered as Customers. Click here for the definition

Cloud
Capture d’écran 2022-05-09 155632.png

Hi Paul,

I'm not yet with Jira but I understood that to use authentication with our AD, you needed Atlassian Access for all users. We want 50 operator licenses but we have 1200 users who will access the portal only.

I understand that I need 1200 Atlassian Access licenses ????

The goal is to use their PW windows of our AD for authentication. In addition, when an AD user is deactivated, he will be automatically blocked.

Do I need 50 licenses or 1200 licenses???

Thank you

On DataCenter you don't need Atlassian Access licenses. You only need 50 operator licenses.

On Cloud you need both :
- 1200 Atlassian Access licenses to give those users access to your portal as mentionned by @Joseph Chung Yin to use your AD. Check the links in his answer
- 50 operator licenses

Hi Paul,

Thanks, I hoped I misunderstood. Can I create users manually and bind them with an OpenID???

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Management

Jira Service Management Documentation Opportunities

Hello everyone, Hope everyone is safe! A few months ago we posted an article sharing all the new articles and documentation that we, the AMER Jira Service Management team created. As mentioned ...

342 views 0 10
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you