Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Portal Search - Request Types

Vojtech, Vesely June 22, 2023

Hello there,

how would I label or describe my Request Types (I DON'T MEAN ARTICLES) to be better searchable? For example, I have a Request Type with a custom form. From the screenshot below you can see that I search for the name of the application which can be found in one of the form's fields and text and the search bar shows the Request Type to me.
msedge_nlwqXXMuWd.png

Now I wanted to replicate it to find out how the Request Types are indexed and Searched and god I can't make it work. I replicated the form and tried different things, but none of those worked for searching for the request type in the Search Bar.

msedge_rbVycXY4Ht.png

(The fields contain option for "Lorem")

It would be great to achieve some level of search the same way Articles are Searched.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Vojtech

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Vojtech, Vesely July 10, 2023
Reply from Atlassian on how the Request Types are searched:

In the context of the Algorithm, the Customer Portal Search uses the below two algorithms. 
  • The primary algorithm is the one in which the search term is matched with the Request Type name and description or Portal name etc.
  • The secondary algorithm will search all issues using JQL ( Jira Query Language ) in the backend, and  for the issues found, it will get the customer Request Type which is returned in the search result. So, in this case, it's likely that the first Request Tyoe that you're seeing was fetched using the secondary algorithm for AtPro.
Aslam K M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 10, 2023

This has been confirmed by the Product Management Team. Thank you for adding the same here @ves 

Like Ivan Lima likes this
1 vote
Vojtech, Vesely June 27, 2023

If anyone finds themselves wondering the question there is a workaround.

The Forms are searchable via the description field. While it is not possible to make a text transparent or hidden, you can insert a zero width image via markup. The title of the image is indexed and searchable.

msedge_3kNEroMy8Y.png

(Obviously change the "domain" part of the URL to your own)

There are spaces (not new lines) between the links for better editing.

lk
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 17, 2023

Hello, I tried to implement this solution in my Jira cloud but in the portal I see "undefined" image. Any idea what I am missing? thank you

Capture.PNG

Vojtech, Vesely January 8, 2024

It does it for me when the image is not resolved. E.g. the URL is not right. Otherwise .. no idea. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events