Customer Notifications - When do they fire?

Mathew Johnson December 29, 2021

I've got a basic project setup. What I want to do is set the following:

- Customer emails in - Responds with a thanks email
- Can transition between the other statuses but no email to customer
- Close Ticket (or resolve) - Send the Customer Notification template that matches Request resolved

What actually happens it, it ALWAYS sends the Customer-visible status changed template no matter what and ignores the Request resolved one.

How do you get it to use these templates?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mathieu Truchot
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2021

hi Matthew,

Did you check the customer notifications set on your project ?

Project settings => Customer notifications

Enable (and edit if needed) : 

- request created

- request resolved

Disable : 

- customer visible status change

Hope it helps,

Cheers,

They are enabled, but as soon as the customer visible status change is disabled, nothing comes out.]

It's as if it only fires the Customer Visible status change and ignores the other ones. 

If I knew how to trigger the others, this would work fine though as I could do it via automation. But you can't send to customer via automation

Mathieu Truchot
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2021

ok  : 

for request creation

nothing comes out even if :

customer visible status change is disable

- request created is enable

AND

- a new request is created  when the email is received ?

if your need is to send a notification each time a customer email a new comment on an existing issue, you may have to use an automation rule

if nothing comes out even when a new issue is created, could you please check on the workflow associated ?

within the "create" transition (the one leading from the original bullet to the first status in the diagram view), is there an "issue created" event fired in the post functions ?

For the resolution customer notification

Could you please check the post function of the transition leading to the "resolved' status ?

Is the resolution field updated when the issue is transitioned ?

this may be the trigger of the customer notification

I have the "Thanks for your request" email working fine. That seems OK.

I've added the resolved status (I'd rather use closed, but there we go). I can confirm that:

- Post Function is set to "Fire a Issue Resolved event that can be processed by the listeners."
- Status field for resolved, changes to 'Fixed'

The email now comes out. But I then have to go and close the ticket after. Seems odd that.

Mathieu Truchot
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 29, 2021

ok you can use the "close" status if you'd rather, there is no issue about that

the most important is to keep the 2 post functions above in the transition leading to the "closed" status.

cheers,

Ok, so just to be clear, when the status moves, it needs to:

- Set the 'resolved' field to be a value such as 'Fixed'
- The Post Function needs to fire the 'Issue Resolved' event

Thanks

Mat

Mathieu Truchot
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 29, 2021

when the status move to the "closed" (or whatever final status that you want to trigger the "request resolved" notification), it needs to : 

- Set the 'resolved' field to be a value such as 'Fixed'
- The Post Function needs to fire the 'Issue Resolved' event

cheers,

Mat

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS