Customer List

nooraknan May 28, 2021

Hi,

1) Do I need to maintain customer list inorder for them to submit cases through portal ?

Where should I maintain it ?

2)If I have customer outside the organization do they need to signup in jira in oder to submit issues/ cases through portal ?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Best Regards

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2021

Hello @nooraknan,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

On Jira Service Management you can manually add customers or allow them to create their own account (or even let your portal open to anyone create tickets without logging in).

When the project is closed, agents/admins will have to manually add customers, otherwise, they won’t be able to create tickets in the portal or via email.

The list of customers in a project can be found on Customers:

Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 17.41.29.png

To check if a project is closed, go to Project settings > Customer permissions (company-managed) or Portal settings > Channels > Customer permissions (team-managed). If the permission “Service project access” is set to “Customers added by agents and admins”, it means that customers can only create tickets if they are manually added to the project. 

To allow customers to create their own accounts, it’s necessary to go to the Cog icon > Products > Configuration. You can also allow them to access the portal without logging in. In this case, they can create a ticket, but they will have to add their email address, so they can receive notifications. This option also automatically creates an account for them.

Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 17.43.39.png

For more information, please check our documentation:

If you have any other questions regarding this matter, please let us know.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events