Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer/Help-Center Customization

Wolfgang Aschauer October 6, 2021

Hello,

I've a problem with the (Cloud) customer-portal editing function.

I've the Global Jira Administrator Permissions, but i don't find any way to reorder or add Elements to the Help-Center Portal.

If i use the "customize" Button on the right side of the help-portal i cannot change or add anything except announcement. I have all these options, but cannot do some changes at all.

Screenshot 2021-10-06 142345.png

I'd like to add a Section where Users can navigate through public Wiki-Entries. Currently it's only available through the Global Search.

Does somebody have any tips whats wrong with my configuration? Do i need special Permissions - or do i have to do the changes in another way?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Sven Schatter _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 6, 2021

Hi @Wolfgang Aschauer,

I think @Katarzyna is right, the only way to directly link to articles like you mention would be in the announcement banner. However, from there you could link for example to a Help Center created with Scroll Viewport – an app built by my team at K15t. Not only does this look a lot nicer, but it also allows navigation via a page tree as you requested, and comes with lots of other features that really take your help center to the next level and help your customers find the information they need!

vprt.jpeg

If you have any questions in regards to Scroll Viewport let me know, or even request a live demo if you want to get a full blown introduction! :)

Cheers,
Sven

Hi Sven,

thanks for this suggestion!

I will give it a try - looks very promising!

Like Sven Schatter _K15t_ likes this
0 votes
Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 6, 2021

Hi,

There is no option to add any extra elements to this page. Everything what is available to customize you see on your screen.

Kate

Hi Kate,
Is there another way to serve our customers some knowledge articles than by the search-bar? 
We'd like to display some basic articles like "How-To use VPN" on the main-page.

Wolfgang

Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
October 6, 2021

The only idea which comes to my mind is to put links to these articles into the announcement banner. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events